Thursday, August 16, 2012

Trail...

EOS 60D, F/5, 25s, ISO-100, 24-70L @  35mm + flash light

Just another ordinary night. I thought to my self "why not try a night shot". The first idea was to take a picture of my son's flower pot (can be seen partially here) with a background of stars. Unfortunately it does not work out. Did not have a wider lens. 24mm on a crop sensor is still not enough.

Thus a detour. Trying to do a simple lighting technique using flash light (not to be confuse with a speed light). The idea is to have a subject (in this case an ointment) lighted up and other object being under exposed. All lights is turned off and just the light from the flash light is used to light up the scene. The flash light is set so that it bounce the light of a corner of the room. First, I set the shutter speed so that the ambient light is underexpose by two stops. Second, I use the same flash light to try to paint some light on the subject. It seems that the flash light left behind some light painting trail. Although not going to plan, the picture seems interesting. To me anyway.

I should have taken a picture of my self doing so. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment