Sunday, September 9, 2012

Photography: The Beginning...




It is almost 11 month since I have started a new hobby: Photography... So far how does it feel? Marvelous... Still a lot to learn as you can see from my old post... and yes, I am also new at blogging...

So how does it began? Well, I used to and still am in love with electronics. I was interested in electronics since I was in lower school. Trying out some small electronics project and all. Then later on in life, I could say my work is my play. Hehehe... But still, when your work is your play, your spouse will always say you are working... That kind of hit the sour spot. Yes, I admit, with electronics, it is quite hard to get your family interested in it.

Almost three years back, I went abroad to continue my studies. My wife had to take unpaid leave from work for three years. At first she was OK with not working and all. But as life goes on, she became board to the bones. She started to bake and also blog. You can read her blog by clicking at the fnf-simple-life link at the PAGES section or just click here. Its in Malay (Malaysian Language). 

Her early entry pictures was taken with a point and shoot (P&S) camera. I shoot it by the way. She was not satisfied with the pictures. She kept comparing the photos with the photos of other blogs whom uses DSLR. She kept nagging at me to buy one. But as always, I said the P&S is enough. Nagging after nagging, at last I could not say no anymore. I bought a Canon DSLR. Why Canon?... Well that is also another loooooooooong story. Maybe in another entry... Since then I love the DSLR and also photography. With photography, I can enjoy my self in the hobby as well as let my wife and children do what they want to do. I just shoot them... in a photography sense...  

My wife still nags but about me buying expensive photographic equipment hehehe...

OK. I did not took the picture above. A friend of mine with his DSLR did. Its me from the back. Hehehe



No comments:

Post a Comment